Blogmas Day Nineteen: Video EEG Today

Good evening everyone. Today was my eight hour EEG. Overall, the stay was good. I really didn’t have any seizures at all. I knew I wasn’t going to have any because it takes at least three to four days for me to seize after discontinuing my medications. It was great seeing the old staff. All of them knew my face. Mr. Amazing came with me and saw the process of how the EEG is set up. He seemed very intrigued yet worried at the same time. He was asking me a lot of questions and said that epilepsy is a very interesting medical condition. I have to concur. Everything surrounding epilepsy is amazing as well as the treatments and history. I feel so proud advocating and teaching others about it. That’s how it should be. I don’t want to feel sorry about myself. Hell, I don’t want others to either. I’m perfectly well and still going to be happy regardless of anything that I am dealing with.

Mr. Amazing and I was looking through my seizure diary earlier today. It dates back to June, 2011. Dr. Lüders helped me to start it back then. Ever since then, I have been dedicated to using it to document my episodes. It is incredible how far I have come with my disorder. It has improved tremendously.

The person that placed my electrodes on my head was nice. He did them neatly. I heard from another EEG technician that he used to be a professional hairstylist. I’m like, “No wonder it looks flawless.” My hair wasn’t all over my head like a scarecrow. Basically my stay consisted of me watching TV, talking to my mom and Mr. Amazing, playing games on my iPad, and my sister, Danielle, came by and started acting silly. She had me in tears. I love that girl. She always know what to say at the right time. She is my closest sibling. That’s my Dandelion (her nickname from me). She’s a blessing.

At 6:00 pm, they unhooked me and scrubbed my scalp to get as much of the glue off as they could. I have to use baby oil and a fine tooth comb to get the rest of it out. I packed all of my belongings and went home. I will be receiving my results soon. I will let everyone know once I know.

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

Photo by: Me

This entry was published on December 19, 2015 at 10:28 pm. It’s filed under Blog and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s