It’s Coming To An End…

My journey with going through Epilepsy surgery testing is coming to an end… finally. I can’t believe I am saying this, but I am actually excited to go into surgery by the end of this year. I have some anxiety too. Not many people are happy to have their head shaved and a piece of their brain taken out but I am. It gives me an opportunity to live my life free from seizures hopefully. But there is no guarantee. There is always the possibility that the seizures will return. In my eyes, if I do not have any more seizures, I will still consider myself a person with Epilepsy. I will still wear my Epilepsy Awareness bracelet and t- shirt. It will forever stay with me.

As of now, I have set up an appointment to see a neurosurgeon on Tuesday. During this appointment, I will go over the details of the procedure and also schedule the surgery date. My neurologist also wants me to take a visual field test before the operation begins. My neurologist’s nurse told me I was going to a different hospital than the one I meet them at to take this test. I went through hell for two days trying to find out where I was supposed to go to get this test done. When I called the hospital the first day, I got the operator and I asked her, “Where can I get a visual field test done?” She did not know at all so she transferred me to a different department. They did not know either. Then, they decided to transfer me back to the operator. After a while I was getting very frustrated and annoyed. All I could wonder was, “What the hell did this nurse put me through? Is this even the right number?” No luck on the first day. The second day was a little bit worse at first. I still did not have luck with finding out where the test will be taking place at. I called my stepfather’s sister who works at the hospital that I am supposed to go to. I asked her if she knew anything about it. She took the time out to help me and guess what… I found out that the test is not at the hospital that the nurse referred me to but at the same hospital that I go see my neurologist at. I thought to myself, “This lady tricked me. That’s bullshit.” At the end of the day, I was happy that everything turned out good. I made an appointment to take the visual field test on November 26th at 1:30 pm. I will make another blog post about what happened at the neurosurgeon’s appointment soon.

This entry was published on November 9, 2013 at 8:21 pm. It’s filed under Blog and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s